Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Serious and catastrophic injuries can change the course of a person's life in a matter of seconds. These types of injuries often lead to debilitating conditions that severely impact the victim's quality of life. In some of the most unfortunate cases, catastrophic injuries can result in permanent disabilities.
The most common types of serious injuries include:
- Amputations. While prosthetics have improved over the last few decades, these artificial limbs are unable to fully replace original body parts.
- Burn injuries. Serious burns, including those that cover a significant portion of a person's body, can produce substantial disfigurement as well as nerve damage.
- Multiple bone fractures. A single bone has the potential to heal over weeks or months if a person receives adequate treatment, but a person with multiple bone fractures frequently encounters long-term effects that leave him/her with greatly impaired strength.
- Spinal cord injuries. Serious injuries to a person's neck or back can result in trauma to the spinal cord, compromising the victim's ability to move as they once did or leading to complete immobilization.
- Traumatic brain injuries. While mild concussions frequently do not result in catastrophic injuries, severe brain damage can lead to various mental and physical hardships.
The Causes of Serious Injuries
Although car accidents are the most common cause of serious injuries, there are numerous other ways in which people can sustain such injuries, including:
- Ladder falls
- Scaffolding collapses
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sporting accidents
- Work-related accidents
These accidents can be caused by many types of people including employers, parts manufacturers, parts distributors, and other motor vehicle drivers, all of whom can be held responsible for their negligence with a personal injury lawsuit.
If you or someone you know has sustained serious injuries due to an accident, contact our office at (818) 740-2122 for a free consultation.